Below are some resources and information to help you with your Albuquerque area home search. As always, please feel free to call me at 505-263-7892 with any questions you might have. I’m always available to take your questions and help you find your next home. At the bottom of the page is some information on Adobe homes for those considering this unique kind of home.
While conducting your home and area exploration, ask yourself the following questions:
- How much land do I want?
- Do I want to be close to my neighbors, or have some space and distance?
- Is it important that I feel like I’m in the heart of Albuquerque, or would I rather a more rural feeling?
- Do I want to be in a busy part of Albuquerque where there is a lot to do and see? or would I rather a quieter area where there are fewer businesses, less activity and lots of space?
- Do I want a modern and uniform development? or would I rather the quirky feel of an older neighborhood where all of the homes are different?
Go through these questions and write down your answers. This information will help you figure out where in Albuquerque you might like to live. Then you can start to narrow down some of the other details.
There are many considerations and only you know what you would like in your living situation. Asking yourself some of these questions, and getting a feel for the different areas in Albuquerque, will help you decide where to concentrate your efforts.
Below are some additional websites that provide local area information. Take a look at what they offer and use them in learning about the area:
GIS – Interactive Map Sites
- School districts
- Crime stats by area
- Parks and Recreation
- Zoning info
- Environmental Health
- Political districts
- Public art projects
Other Bernco info
- Animal control
- Tax protest info
- Property ownership by address
- Swimming pool info
- Graffiti removal
- Yard waste pick up and more
- 311 Citizen Contact Center
- Home Rehabilitation Program (for low-income families)
- Neighborhood Associations
- Neighborhood Traffic Management
- Litter and weed complaints and more
- Home Maintenance tips
- Month by month maintenance schedule